Positive financial results are critical to business success. That’s why we focus on helping mid- to large-size companies create actionable, real-world profit development strategies.
P&Ls and balance sheets report history. We provide investment firms and other potential buyers with a strategic perspective of the true long-term earning power of a current holding or potential acquisition.
“What we learned from Bob Gordman provided the basis for an industry-leading strategy. We were able to reduce our selling costs, improve customer service, and turn a stagnant part of our business into a profitable growth engine for the company. This formula has been successful for eight years and is now part of the company’s global strategy,“
— Henry C. Orme, former Vice President of Whirlpool Corporation
The Way We Work
We believe facts are your friends, and ego is your enemy. We utilize state-of-the-art research and analysis techniques to discover the real facts before critical decisions are made.
Based on this information we help companies
- Develop a clear understanding of the company’s unique customer-relevant strengths
- Leverage those strengths to create a Super Sweet Spot that will totally separate the company from all competition
- Identify opportunities that can easily and quickly generate incremental sales and earnings
We assist investment bankers and private equity firms to determine
- If the financials accurately reflect the true value of the company to be acquired
- If the company’s strategy positions it for sustained, profitable growth
- The strategic and operational fatal flaws that can negatively impact sales and profits
The Gordman Group has provided profit development strategies and services to clients in diverse industries, including computer manufacturing and distribution, retail, direct marketing, weight loss, appliance manufacturing, advertising, trucking, banking, and aviation.
Our clients have included senior management of Fortune 500 companies, including
- Berkshire-Hathaway Retail
- IBM PC Company US
- IBM PC Company Canada
- Saks Inc.
- VF Corporation
- Weight Watchers International
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Big Lots